+DO YOU HAVE A SHOP?
We are now fully e-commerce so, no, we no longer have a shop. Our clothes are available exclusively from our own website. We do not supply them via anyone else. If anyone claims to be selling Sixteen47 please do tell us!
+I DO NOT LIVE IN THE UK - CAN I STILL ORDER?
We welcome International Orders, i.e. orders from outside the UK.
We despatch your order at cost by the lowest possible rate. This is a flat rate whatever the weight of the parcel:
Rest of Europe £35.00
Your order should normally be with you a few days after posting. We have found that some orders can be held up for short periods while the VAT/Duty is sorted out.
You will see from your order details that you have not been charged UK VAT (20%).
However, you may be required to pay the VAT/Duty for your own country. Some times you may be required to pay duty before it is delivered and at other times when or after your goods are delivered. Please also bear in mind the cost of returns when deciding to buy from the UK.
+WHAT IS YOUR RETURNS POLICY?/ HOW DO I MAKE A RETURN?
In order to make a return please follow the four steps below:
1. Return the item in its original condition within fourteen (14) days of receipt to the address below: Sixteen47 c/o, Unit D, Circular 13, Gasgoine Road, Barking IG11 7HP UK
2. Please write your name and order number on the outside of the return parcel or on a note inside the parcel.
3. Click on the ORDER link next to your order details in My Account - and select RETURN - then follow the simple steps which alert us that you have made a return and speeds up the paperwork.
a) Refunds can be made on items that were bought at full price or specifically exempt from "sale" conditions. This will be done within 14 days of receipt of the returned garments. Postage and packing is non refundable. We do not pay for the returns postage.
b) Returned items can be exchanged: You can select 'Credit' in the returns process and credit will be added to your account which you can also use immediately to place an order. Once your return arrives back your credit will be validated. Do note that using credit can avoid additional credit card charges!
c) Sale items can not be refunded but we can offer you credit for the purchase value of the item(s) which you can immediately use against a future purchase.
d) We strongly recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the full replacement value of the goods. Please note that your returns remains your responsibility until we receive it. You should receive a tracking number from the delivery service you use to return your parcel - this will enable you to track it.
+HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY ORDER WILL BE DELIVERED?
Your order is usually dispatched immediately and you should get it within 2-3 working days after the date on your order.
All UK Orders are sent by a trackable signed for service and International orders by the most appropriate carrier - usually DHL.
We will send you an email with a tracking link as soon as your parcel is dispatched, but please be aware that there maybe a delay of up to 24 hours before the courier activates the link.
We recommend that you arrange for your delivery address to be one where there will be someone to receive it during working hours.
We do not charge VAT on international parcels so International customers may require a payment on delivery. Please see our notes on International Parcels for more information.
+I LIVE IN THE CHANNEL ISLANDS SO WHY MUST I PAY VAT?
1647 Ltd is a UK registered company so we are obliged to charge you VAT. Our position on this is the same as most UK retailers and is as follows: The Channel Islands is not a part of the EC, and although it is certainly possible for a UK business to ship to the Channel Islands without VAT, it is required that they obtain and keep proof of export so as not to be charged VAT by UK Customs at a later date. This process currently involves significant additional costs, and hence we are unable offer VAT free sales at this time.
+I AM HAVING PROBLEMS LOGGING IN
1. Have you tried the 'forgotten password' link where you log in? If you have tried this and have not received an email, please check your spam/junk folder as it may have been blocked.
2. Have you changed your email address? If you have and dont recall (or have access to ) your old email address then you should re-register using your new email address. If you email us we can transfer your new email to you old account.
3. Have you checked your security settings. If these are set too high this may block your access to most websites.
4. If you are an international customer bbuying from the US please check the address format - there are some extra requirements which need to be filled.
+I AM HAVING PROBLEMS PAYING ONLINE - HELP!
It could be that your own security settings are set to a very high level - this is known to block online transactions sometimes.
STEPS WHICH MAY HELP
1. In your browser preferences, go to your security settings and set the level at medium level and then try again. You can always reset your security settings to the higher level again once you have completed your transaction.
2. If you are using a computer on a network at your workplace, there could be a system in place set up by your IT department which is blocking online transactions. If you speak to your IT department they will be able to advise you more specifically.
3. Another thing to check - some lesser known browsers can be problematic with our website. We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox.
+I HAVE SEEN AN ITEM I LOVE BUT CANNOT SELECT MY SIZE
This means we have run out of that size in that style. We usually have already replaced this with a comparable product so keep browsing! We do not make large quantities but do offer lots of choice. This means that you are unlikely to bump into someone wearing the same thing! We are sorry for any disappointment caused but we are continually adding new stock every week and we hope you will see other items that you like.
+CAN I BE SENT A CATALOGUE?
As we update our website continuously a printed catalogue would be out of date before it left the printers! So, no, we do not produce a catalogue. Check the website weekly for new stock every week! Once you are a registered customer we will send you weekly updates on new items.
+I HAVE A SPECIAL OCCASION COMING UP AND NEED STYLING ADVICE - CAN YOU HELP?
A good idea is to browse our web site with a good friend who knows your tastes and what suits you. See the option to 'Email to a Friend' on each product page - you can send the picture to a friend to ask their opinion. If you check the detailed images you will see that we often suggest other garments that go with the one you are looking at. In our notes about the garment we usually say whether the garment is suitable for daywear, workwear, occasion or party wear - this should help as well. We also usually show a close up of the fabric so you can get an idea of its quality and drape. We only recommend other garments if they are a good match in both colour and shape so you can be confident that combining any of the suggested items will work well as an outfit.
+WHY CAN'T I TALK TO A PERSON ON THE TELEPHONE?
We are a fully ecommerce so our preferred way for you to get in touch is via our Contact page. We aim to respond to emails within 5 working days, although complex enquiries may take a little longer. Please choose from the range of options in our Help & Support page in your My Account section. Your enquiry will go to the most appropriate person.
We do assure you that we take a very personal view of our customers and their enquiries. It is much more efficient to manage enquiries through the Help & Support system. This in turn helps us to keep costs down and to continue to give you good value.